“If You Have Enthusiasm, A Positive Attitude And A Few Basic Fitness Skills, I Have A Fun And Fulfilling Personal Training Position Just For You!”
Dear Prospective Fitness Trainer,
First of all, thanks for taking the time to visit this site. Personal Training is a very rewarding opportunity to help people transform their body and ultimately their Life.
My name is Brandon Roggow and I run a Personal Training company called Habitat Health and Fitness here in Winter Haven and Lakeland Florida.
Our mission at Habitat Health and Fitness is to provide a friendly and fun workout experience along with empowering our clients to become the strongest, healthiest, most confident and UNSTOPPABLE version of themselves that they can be through motivation, education, and our commitment to lead by example.
All of our trainers are at capacity and we need a new trainer to start training some of our clients!
Currently we are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and energetic person to start training some of our current clients and teach some of our Group workouts.
Our studio is located in Winter Haven and Lakeland, in Florida.
We currently offer Large group (Boot camp style format), Small group and some One-on-One PT.
If you are hired for this training position, you’ll begin coaching clients in our top class facility, alongside a fantastic team of trainers.
We start you off with our Trainer on boarding process so that you can learn our style and system for training and getting results.
Bottom line: we are looking for part time and full time trainers to join our team. If hired, you’ll go through an 8-week paid internship period, where we will make sure you are the right fit for our team. We have an incredible team where the focus is on our clients and getting awesome results, building a sense of community, and having a lot of fun in the process.
My team is like family to me. I’m very fair, respectful and appreciative. I like having fun, making a difference, and providing highly valuable fitness services and products. You will be compensated fairly, treated fairly and I will certainly look for ways to pay you more for your efforts if they warrant it. I want someone who enjoys working with people and making a real impact in the lives of others… because that’s what we do at HabitatFit.
We want someone who enjoys working with people and making a difference in the lives of others… because that’s what we do here at Habitat.
Tasks You’ll be Expected to Perform:
- Develop Comprehensive Health & Fitness Programs For Clients: You’ll receive coaching and training on our fitness system and programs, but you’ll have flexibility to incorporate your training style and knowledge.
- Tracking Client Progress: In order to ensure a client’s success in our programs, you’ll need to track weekly progress, current successes and challenges, review client nutrition and exercise log worksheets and more on a weekly basis. It will be your job to hold a client accountable to his/her health and fitness program to ensure the best results possible.
- Perform Fitness Evaluations: Ideally, you’ll have fitness assessment skills and can test for: body composition, body weight, girth measurements, and flexibility. You do not need previous experience or an FMS certification, but if you do, that’s a bonus.
- Coach both 1-1 and Group Fitness Workouts: You’ll be responsible for weekly exercise sessions and keeping detailed progress reports on the clients you’re working with. If a client is having challenges, you’ll coach and motivate client and make appropriate changes to ensure consistent progress.
- Demonstrate Proper Exercise Instruction: This is a big one. I need you to be able to provide proper coaching, instruction, and motivation during a client training session. You should have a working knowledge of the human body (i.e. muscles, movements, functions, etc) and be able to provide appropriate exercises for client’s goals.
- Provide Ongoing Health and Fitness Education: Our clients rely on us to service all of their health and fitness needs. It is your job as a fitness coach to provide your clients with health and fitness education on various topics that will empower them to lead healthy lives forever. You’ll be provided with educational tools and resources, will be expected to study them and speak about them with your clients. We also spend time covering this in our staff meetings.
These are the skills you MUST already have in order to qualify for this position:
You do not need to be Certified to start but you will be required to complete a certification before you are released to be on your own.
- Excellent Communication Skills: you will be talking with my clients, who are VERY important to me. You must be comfortable conversing in-person and on the phone and know how to conduct yourself professionally, and deliver clear instructions to the clients. I’ll teach you everything you need to do during a training session, but I can’t teach you manners and professionalism.
- People skills and personality – must LOVE working with people! As mentioned above you must be very comfortable working with people. This is an exciting company and you must be able to show your clients energy and excitement while working with them.
- Health and Fitness Education: You do not need personal training experience, but you should have a working knowledge of health and fitness..again you are not required to have a certification to start…but you must be actively working towards a certification.
If you have these additional skills, your resume will go right to the top of the stack (but if you don’t have these skills, you should still apply because these are not mandatory).
- Previous personal training experience (fitness studio, health club, etc.)
- Basic nutrition knowledge
- National Certification
- Exercise Science Degree
How To Apply
We are looking to hire the right person to hire relatively quickly. So if you feel you would be a good fit, then do the following:
- You MUST complete the form below. You MUST also….
- Email your resume along with a short paragraph explaining why you are the perfect person to fill this position. Email to Support @ HabitatFit.com
I will review your application and resume. If we feel you might be a good fit for our team, I’ll call or email you to set up a personal interview.
The sooner I get your resume, the better. This will not be a long, drawn out process. I believe in taking action quickly. So get your resume over to me pronto!
I look forward to reviewing it and hopefully meeting you personally.
Again, thanks very much for your interest,
Brandon Roggow NASM-CPT, CES, BioSig Level 1
Owner, Habitat Health and Fitness
P.S. This is not the type of job where just showing up is enough. Performance is everything to me. If you perform, you will be rewarded. I want nothing more than to find a person who takes real interest in doing good work and taking care of our clients. I recognize and reward performance!
With all that said, as I mentioned in the headline on this page, enthusiasm and a positive attitude go a long way in my book. I’m a very positive, upbeat business owner and appreciate those qualities in others. As long as you have the basic skills I mentioned, and a great attitude, you’re definitely a candidate! So submit your information today!